Monday, October 31, 2011

Hope Solo poses nude in ESPN magazine's 'Body Issue' - See photo 'Dancing With the Stars', DWTS, Hope Solo

Hope Solo poses nude in ESPN magazine's 'Body Issue' - See photo 'Dancing With the Stars', DWTS, Hope Solo
 
Hope Solo faced the threat of elimination on Tuesday night's "Dancing With The Stars," but the U.S. Soccer star's victory last night might not be her only cause for celebration. Solo made the cover of ESPN magazine's annual Body Issue -- posing completely nude.
Related News
Photos:
Mary J. Blige visited 'Dancing With The Stars' performed her hit song 'Real Love' and '25/8' on 'Dancing With The Stars: The Result Show' on Tuesday, October 4, 2011.
Mary J. Blige lights up the 'DWTS' stage
Talk show host and actress Ricki Lake and her partner Derek Hough received 27 out of 30 from the judges for their Rumba on the October 3 episode of 'Dancing With The Stars.'
'Dancing With The Stars' - Ricki Lake sizzles
Stories:

    * 'Dancing With The Stars' results show: Who was eliminated? - Spoilers
    * 'Dancing With The Stars': Dance By Dance Recap - Stars Get Personal
    * 'Dancing With The Stars' results show: Who was eliminated? - Spoilers

Solo is not the only "Dancing With The Stars" alum to make the list, which was released on Wednesday, October 5. Season 4 champ Apolo Anton Ohno and season 5 winner Helio Castroneves also show off their bodies for the issue. The annual issue focuses on the beauty of the athletic body and self-confidence. The full list of athletes can be seen here.

"Growing up, I felt insecure about my build. I didn't feel very feminine," the 30-year-old goal keeper revealed to the magazine. Solo is 5' 9 and 150 pounds. "But as time went on, I learned to completely embrace my body. It's helped me attain all my dreams and goals. I didn't have an issue posing nude, because now I see my body as empowering."

During the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, Solo and the U.S. women's soccer team won the gold medal after defeating Brazil 1-0. Earlier this year, Solo served as a goal keeper for the U.S. women's national soccer team for the FIFA Women's World Cup. The team lost to Japan in the FIFA Women's World Cup finals 3-0.

"I'm 30, and it's only in the last four years that I've embraced my figure," she added. However, Solo said she doesn't view herself as a sex symbol.

"I still don't buy the idea that I'm a 'sex symbol.' It's amazing that there are so many beautiful bodies out there on the female athletic side, and it's great that they are starting to get attention. But sex symbol? I don't know where that came from," Solo said. "My entire purpose is trying to be the best in the game, and if that exudes beauty too, that's pretty powerful. It means the image of the typical female body type is finally evolving."

After facing the red light on "Dancing With The Stars: The Results Show" on Tuesday, Solo told OnTheRedCarpet.com special correspondent George Pennacchio of KABC Television, "I think the true athlete in me came out tonight and I didn't know I was going to get that invested. "

She added, "I came on the show to prove that athletes can have some sort of -- a different side to them, you know, the whole feminine side to them. And I came on the show not expecting to do great but now I'm committed and I'm here for the long haul."

No comments:

Post a Comment